- To pass through
- To pass over
- To exempt or
- To spare
Out of Death comes forth LifeScripture: Exodus 12:13-14 (NKJV) 5th – 11th April 2020 In this season we recall the death sentence that faced the Land of Egypt at the time. However, God’s people were instructed to place the “Blood on their Houses” this was a sign for their deliverance, the sign that the plague will not come nigh their dwelling.
13. Now the blood shall be a sign for you on the houses where you are. And when I see the blood, I will pass over you; and the plague shall not be on you to destroy you when I strike the land of Egypt. 14. ‘So this day shall be to you a memorial; and you shall keep it as a feast to the Lord throughout your generations. You shall keep it as a feast by an everlasting ordinance.Leviticus 17:11 (NKJV):
For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul.’REFLECTION The “Blood of Jesus” is your defence, hold on to this Truth and apply it to your own Life in this Passover Season. Out of death comes forth Life – is there anything you can take from this scripture for your Spiritual journey? PRAYER After Reading and Reflecting, what can you ask God’s guidance for concerning your own life? CONFESSION Revelation 12:11: “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the Word of their testimony; and they did not love their lives to the death“. Prayer is the Key:
- Prayer accomplishes things as Elijah demonstrated in obtaining rain – James 1:17
- Prayer concentrates the mind upon a given object, as Nehemiah illustrates when he repaired the wall in the face of opposition against him – Nehemiah 4:9
- Prayer cleanses the heart and life as David experienced when he prayed “Create in me a clean heart, O God” – Psalm 51:10
- Prayer enables the witness to go forward with renewed courage, as is seen in the early Christians, who prayed they might with all boldness preach the Word – Acts 4:29
- Prayer is the soul of revival as the Psalmist recognised, when he pleaded that God would quicken “revive” me according to thy Word – Psalm 119:154
- Prayer is one of the weapons which is part of the Christian’s armour – Ephesian 6:18 refers to “all prayer”!
- Rises from un-condemning heart – 1 John 3:20-22
- Recognises the will of God – 1 John 5:14
- Rests on the Promises of God – John 14:14
- Relies on the Purpose of God – Acts 4:25-31
- Reckons on the Power of God – Acts 1:14
- Responds to the Spirit of God – Ephesians 6:18
- Rejoices in the Answer from God – Luke 1:18.
13. Now therefore, I pray, if I have found grace in Your sight, show me now Your way, that I may know You and that I may find grace in Your sight. And consider that this nation is Your people.” 19. Then He said, “I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.” 20. But He said, “You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live.” 21. And the Lord said, “Here is a place by Me, and you shall stand on the rock. 22. So it shall be, while My glory passes by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock, and will cover you with My hand while I pass by. 23. Then I will take away My hand, and you shall see My back; but My face shall not be seen.”TO FOCUS YOU We encourage you to place the “Blood of Jesus Christ” on the door of your Heart as you draw near to Him in your secret place of prayer. PRAYER POINTS Dear Heavenly Father, in this season of uncertainty, we place our Husbands, Wives, Children, Families, Friends, Leaders of RCC and their Families, the wider Church families all across the world, Governments, work colleagues, under the “Blood of Jesus Christ”. We superimpose your divine medicine of protection and guidance over our families, we speak life to every dead situation, we ask that you hide us in the secret place where we cannot be tracked or traced by the weapons of the enemy. We pray for those in hospital across the world, everyone who have lost loved ones that you will comfort them at this time. We give you thanks and praise for your divine covering and rest in the assurance that in all of this we are more than a conqueror through Jesus Christ our Lord. Click here to view the PDF version © 2020 Ruach City Church Devotional All Rights Reserved